Friday, February 15, 2008

Movies that make you cry

As un-masculine as it sounds, I cry when watching some movies. I just watched The Robinsons and it made me cry a little. I think it may have been the orphan theme. Movies with orphans often make me cry, I'm not sure why that is. Anyway, I'd really like to put this out as a question to my patients.

Which movies make you cry?

I look forward to the results. I'm really curious to see if the same sort of movies make everyone cry or if everyone has there own weepy movies.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh! Mister Serious, orphans make you cry? That's so sad. I shed a tear for you. As for movies that make me cry...if I'm watching a movie with my mother I tend to cry because she cries at everything. Movies I cry alone with are normally sexually abusive tearfests. A really good romantic story gets to me too, like Densha Otoko! Ever After! But normal chick flicks can blow me--especially if it involves Sandra Bullock, hot as she is.

MightyMightyMax said...

Life As A House

Unknown said...

More thoughts...Specifics: The obvious one, Schindler's List. Nothing like the fucking Holocause to spark a tear in your heart. The worst is ARMAGEDDON! I fucking bawl at that one. Don't go Bruce Willis, don't GOOOO!
(T.T)

Liquid Wolf said...

I don't know...

I find stories about a suffering hero who is trying to achieve a near impossible goal are my favorite emotional movies...

throw in some regret or "Are you proud of me (mother/father)?" and it can be a real tear jerker.

And possibly scenes where everyone is crying over the loss of someone amazing and loved...

Those get me.

Modig said...

Life As a House was quite a tear-jerker.

Nothing specific coming to mind right now, but I have been known to shed some man-tears while watching many movies.

miss kt said...

I cried when wash died in Serenity

Linus said...

Lord of the Rings. Fist Gandalf, then Boromir... awful.