Sunday, July 15, 2007

new job

As of last week I am an employee of Startek. So far the job seems fine. The pay is much better than what I could expect anywhere else, and the work is--for the most part--remarkably easy. The only challenge is that there is no way for me to really get better at the job except to work for a long time to see all the different things I'll have to do, because they can't really teach you everything right off the bat. I like to learn everything I can about problems that might present themselves right off the bat, and having to wait until I run into a problem really bugs me.

2 comments:

Linus said...

Also, beware the soul-crushing effects of constantly talking to strangers on the phone. It eventually begins to wear on you, and erodes your compassion...

Squid said...

Actually he doesn't have to do the hellish job that I once did. He just gets to sit there at his computer and basically punch in numbers. geesh kids have it soo easy these days, lame! ;)