Tuesday, July 24, 2007


Is there a name for the feeling you get when you've stressed yourself out over something, then you find out its not really that bad? Oh right...relief. I've been feeling that a lot lately. Just today I was stressing pretty hard over getting 18 hours of shadowing in before the Aug 15 deadline for my dental hygiene application. When looking over the application though, I realize that it says 8 hours are required, not 18. Since I already have at least 4hrs with one hygienist and maybe 8 with another. Also, I haven't heard back from the program director yet, but the form says 8 hours total. It is unclear whether that means 8 hours for each hygienist or just 8 between the two.
I also stressed over finishing my nutrition course with an A. I had not turned in several assignments or done the last exam, so I was rushing to get them done. turns out that while I calculated out my score as a 92, the lady running the course forgot to mention that the lowest test score is dropped and my actual grade was a 97.--relief
I've been causing myself further stress over my little finger, I was beginning to worry that I would never regain feeling in it. But, once again I was stressing for nothing, the tingly sensation I get when touching the tip of my pinky is a constant reminder that, in this case and any other, I should take the advice of good old Dougy Adams...

Don't Panic

2 comments:

Flynn said...

Damn those are high test scores, good show mate.

Linus said...

Douglas Adams was a sage for our times - you just about can't go wrong with his advice.