Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Much with the Crafting

I have been a busy little lad.

Here are some pictures of a penguin hat I did as a commission. It turned out alright on the first try. There are some things I'd alter just a tad if I did it over again, but the person buying it is happy with the pictures Bunny showed her so I suppose it is good enough for now.


These are pics of some knots/weaves I've been doing with paracord.

This first set is the snake knot, and the doubled snake knot.


These are examples of the cobra knot. The first two are examples of the cobra knot when you start off with two colors side by side. This version is reversible-the colors look different on either side.
This is the cobra knot if you have one color for the core and another for the outside.
When you double up the cobra knot you get the king cobra knot. The first two are the front and back shot of the knot when the outer colors are alternated from the core set of cobra knots.

These two are the front and back of king cobra knots where the inner and outer colors are matched.

This last one is an example of the king cobra knot where the core cobra knot is one color and the outer knot is another.

In addition to making these nifty little knots I also had fun putting a better grip on Linus' little battle axe. The next project on my list is Tessa's kitty hat. I have all but perfected the basic template for hats now, allowing for a smooth transitioning earflap.

In other fun news, Bunny gets her braces of tomorrow. I'm sure she's ecstatic, I can't rightly imagine how much of a hassle braces have been for her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So knots are the craft of the moment. Pretty nifty!
Whatever happened to my crocheted amigurumi? Work, slave, work!

Flynn said...

w00t craft projects!

Congrats bun-bun

miss kt said...

dude that is some seriously cool stuff you have been making!

been a long time no comms, how is life treating you these days?