Thursday, August 2, 2007

Loads of fun

I haven't been crafting lately, partly because of my injury, well, mostly because of my injury. It's taken me a little while to get back in the swing of things, but I've gotta say I'm on top of things now.

I'm sure each and every one of us has something that can give them a joy and self satisfaction stronger than any other joy they know. Sadly I'm sure many people haven't found their great joy, or maybe have been somehow turned away from it. That might be one of the worst things that can happen to a person. In fact it's one of the things I wish upon my enemies. "May you never find your true joy, but instead find many interesting and itchy diseases"
Crafting is my true joy. Any kind of crafting, making a puzzle out of a block of wood, bending metal into a necklace, fixing the lock mechanism of a knife, I love all of it. Even better is when I have the chance to create things from my own head. Better, perhaps even best of all, is when I have the commission to do something and must figure out a way to do it. I relish the feeling of thousands of thoughts birthing and sliding through my mind, mixing and evolving, shaping towards the end I need. It feels like home, if that makes any sense. It feels like a place where I'm secure, where things are right.

You probably didn't care to hear any of that, but I'm kinda high off the crafting I've been doing this evening, so whatever.

Recently I commissioned myself to come up with ideas for some Flock wear. As it will inevitably get colder soon enough, I thought winter hats might be a great start. Not only have I been coming up with ideas for hats based on catholic regalia, I've also come up with some cute designs as well. Here are a few samples.



First is the nifty little "bat hat"
The "skull cap"
Now for the centerpiece of todays previews the beaniretta

I'm not sure if I should have a fold up brim, to double up the ear area, or not.

No comments: