Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More Copper Crafts

I'm pretty sure you can make any of these pictures bigger, sorry about the quality I took them with the laptop's camera.

This first bracelet it simply a chainmail double spiral. I made it using alternating pairs of 12 gauge copper wire from old electrical wire and some plain galvanized steel. It looks very rope-like and has a great heft to it.



This bracelet I made using a technique I just learned called Viking Knit. This process takes considerably longer than chainmail, but gives yields a very lovely, almost serpentine, rope. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to sell it or not so I left one end unfinished and put a wire cap on the other. I used phone wire which is around 26 gauge, for the majority of it, then some electrical wire for the end cap.




Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been torn with the necklace you gave me because putting a gold colored chain or silver chain makes it look tacky. I think that Viking knit is just the thing to make the necklace perfect. Or cord. Meh. I love the double spiral weaves. You get more amazing stuff everyday. I demand updates about school!