Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Even more Crafty Updates

On the advise of a friendly friend I am going to start posting works in progress or bits I've been tinkering with along with the mostly finished pieces.

To that end here are a few things I've been playing with.
This is actually a hunk of aluminum I pulled from the bottom of my Dad's woodstove in his garage. We were seeing if we could melt glass in a pot inside the fire and it turns out the pot we thought was steel was aluminum. Consequently the pot melted and the glass did not. I pulled several nuggets of aluminum from the bottom of the stove and polished them up. I played around with some wire wrapping and wrapped this one.



This is just a spiral I hammered out and thought would make a neat bookmark.



This is a wire wrapping project that I couldn't figure out how to finish. I didn't know if I wanted to make it a necklace or make another for earrings.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, I like your "earring example photo" priceless. But it really is a beautiful piece. You should make it a necklace I think and maybe make it a set with earrings that only have one bead if you catch my drift.
PS I miss you.