Saturday, April 3, 2010

I am 25, that's a third of my foreseeable life, and I don't think anyone has ever called me their best friend.

Lately I've been pretty disturbed by a recurrent thought. I don't know who my best friend is. To be more precise I'm not sure if I have a best friend. I have many acquaintances, multiple cordial friends and a handful of good friends. However, I'm don't think there is any person out there who would call themselves my best friend. I suppose there are two or three people I would be willing to call MY best friend, but I don't think anyone out there would reciprocate those feelings.

I'm afraid this is an implication of my ability to be a friend, and that deeply saddens me. I would give so much, almost anything, to know that someone or anyone felt that I was their best friend....

But now, I'm not really sure I'll ever find that person. I don't think any friend will ever think of me that way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh poo, you stink pot...I consider you one of MY best friends.

Ducky said...

Bah. What about your life mate? That's who I consider is my best friend, with a few other really close friends. And I think you're great, I wish you were around more so I could get to know you better.