Friday, November 14, 2008

I have been crafty

I have been working a lot with copper lately, since I can get it for free. Mostly I have been making bracelets, but soon I will be working on earrings :)


Here are several shots of copper and steel chainmail bracelets I've made.

This one is thicker copper links, note my happy little hand made toggle on the left.


This one is made of the same copper paired with galvanized steel. I love the contrast of the shiny orange copper and the matte blue steel. And this picture was well placed too!


Here is a shot of these two side by side.


These next two are very similar to the previous two, except I used thinner copper and steel. The steel in this bracelet is stainless, so it is much shinier.


These next shots are of some braided copper bracelets I made.

As you can see one is a very loose braid and the other is pretty tight.


I bound the ends with smaller wire to give it character and to cover any sharp ends.


The loose braid reminds me of vines growing on a tree.


The tight braid is very round and happy.




In addition to the metal work, I have also been making some hats. I made a frog hat--which I forgot to get pictures of--and I've been developing an Ushanka type hat.

Here is my lovely assistant Bunny, showing off the prototype with the ear and neck flaps up and down.


Here I am, doing about the same thing, with my kettlebell for some added Rusky flair.



Finally, here is the kettlebell with its protective Ushanka

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn Ruskies and their kettleballs. It's very nice. Can't wait for my hat!

Rio said...

Very nice, Doktor :) Happy to see you're still up to your usual crafty brilliance!

Linus said...

That is an excellent kettlebell cozy you have there... keeps the handles warm, right?

;)