Saturday, August 16, 2008

Feel like a kid again

It's been a while since I was in college full time, so I forgot how it feels to work on really tiny amounts of sleep. The heartburn, the achy feeling, the inability to concentrate, and the constant feeling of pain behind my eyes...all my old friends are back to visit. For no particular reason I have not been getting enough sleep lately, and the sleep I have been getting hasn't been that good. Tonight I hope to remedy that, but for now I feel like a college kid again, yay me.

3 comments:

Flynn said...

Now if you could just find some large entity to charge you a massive fee for your troubles the illusion would be complete...

Unknown said...

I've been having a lot of problems sleeping as well, waking up in the middle the night and not falling asleep or not falling asleep in the first place. There are of course certain remedies, milk, bananas, but if these all fail, I'm finally trying melatonin which is an herbal sleep aid (there's a product called MidNite which is available at KMart). Also a lot of over the counter sleep aids use pure forms of benadryl and that generally does the trick. Also getting your lady to give you a relaxing massage or some hot HERBAL tea like Chamomile. Also certain people react strongly to the changes in weather and seasons. My therapist got me this hokey sleep meditation CD, I haven't tried it yet but she says it's really helpful. So I could burn you a copy, I doubt you'd be interested in that last suggestion however.

Linus said...

I find that exhaustion is the best remedy for insomnia. If I find that I'm not sleeping well, I just add more exercise to my day - an extra run, maybe a longer kettlebell workout, or an extra game of handball. That way, when I get into bed, I don't fall asleep so much as collapse...

;)